crash #1 repair

I whacked the car into the inside of a turn, on Tepesquet Road. I was going too fast and I knew I was tired, and I should have slowed down. Was a low-speed whack, but enough to overstress the steering gear and make it puke out it's oil. Photos in link above.

Since I ruined the homemade valance I had to make a new one. I took the opportunity to fix what I saw as style flaws in the previous one, which was adapted from the original factory valance. It was a bit bulbous, after I removed the bumper and attemped to restyle it. That previous nose was on the car for long enough for me to have worked out this visual solution in the mean time. It was a pleasant weekend project and much better constructed.





Etc Code Objects Archive AMC Home top of page